I must admit my move to tmobile was because I was ready to move to the android platform, and at the time... at&t's offerings were all but non-existant. I was honestly worried about reception and customer service (and the fact that there wasn't any actual corporate stores around...).
This is only the beginning of my story, and probably the least significant part of it. What I've really come to realize is that I've honestly had less dropped calls, and less call quality problems. Data services werent as widely implemented (no 3g everywhere), however where I did get 3g service, it worked much better than on my iphone 3gs.
As for my plan, I don't feel like I get any more minutes than at&t, and no rollover minutes, however I do have unlimited text and unlimited data at least for the time being. (services that are significantly more expensive, or unavailable at all on at&t).
Recent happenings...
I lost my nexus one on a day trip, and had to figure out how to move forward. I actually had my phone insured through a third party, who was more than gracious to take care of the claim for me... however this problem brought more things to my attention.
If I hadn't had insurance, I could order a new phone online and have the cost tossed onto my next bill, or split across the next three bills. This is something I feel is huge for people in this unfortunate situation with no insurance.
All in all, its sad to hear about all the negative speculation and negative publicity people are TRYING to give tmobile... because this is honestly the first carrier I've been with that I don't feel is going to try and violate me at its earliest convenience.
To me, tmobile has been a very pleasant surprise, and hopefully other carriers will take some notes here, and realize the big corporate bullying probably wont work forever.
Friday, August 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment